- Quito, formally San Francisco de Quito, is located high in the Andes (elevation: 2,850 m/9,350 ft) and is the capital city of Ecuador.
- Because of its elevation and proximity to the equator, Quito’s climate is mostly consistent, averaging 67°F (19.4°C) during the day and 50°F (10°C) at night. The temperature is rarely below 45°F (7.2°C) or above 72°F (22.2°C).
- The length of the day is also very consistent, staying within 9 minutes of 12 hours throughout the year. The shortest day is December 21 with 12:07 hours of daylight, and the longest is June 20 with 12:09 hours of daylight.
- Population: 2,671,191, according to the 2014 census. Quito is the second most populous city in Ecuador after Guayaquil.
- Declared a World Cultural Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1978.